I am 35 male single person with mastiff dog from littleton colorado. I own no property and dont have any items to bring to the table. i am very handy with tools and was a finish carpenter for years i also have many other useful skills… mainly i would like to place myself around people that have been prepping so i can learn the ropes quickly and maybe be a productive member of your preppers retreat.. please dont push religion or your racist beliefs on me thank you
Hello I’m an 24 yr old intemediate survivalist and prepper living in the Gwinnett area. I been researching for about 12 years and very eager about creating a “reserve” community when that time came but to no avail. I’ve tried but understand the human mind, especially when one considers prepping as a euthusiac pastime and only suitable when money is involved. (don’t need money to read and practice lol) But due to ppeoples submissive/victimized mindser towards prepping for an even thats outside of their control, most would rather see the fruits of an accomplished task by sitting on the bench and playing cheerleader so to speak. another fator is to state a factor that is not being talked about on this site. most prepping groups has a quota that are closing for many established groups due to a determed ration and resource alloccation towards thier memebers.
I’ve went the route of group creating but most wont admitt what I stated above. So I gone the route joining a group if nessessary. I come with my own supplies no pulling other resources and have one of the most balanced minds in this day in age. practical, resourceful, knowledgable, with supplies that could be used for community purposes as well when that time came. Other forms of preservation are taken care of as well. So If any are proactively interested in letting me join a group where:
1. it is around gwinnet or north western/eastern GA let me know asap if my presance and my GF can can benifitthe group. Have skillsets.. Benteam2014 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Let me say first of all – I know this is a longshot, but hey I met my wife online, so maybe we can meet a compatible
partner family as well.
Here’s what I believe :
1) We’re going to have some version of Rev-War 2/ Civ-War 2 / WW3 (or maybe all three at once) sometime in the next 5+ years or so. For the most part, prepping is the same for almost any of the extreme scenarios, so what needs to be done is pretty clear – in what order and how deep/serious the preps need to be maybe a little harder to figure out.
2) We have pre-teen kids (6 & 7 today) – I think families with young kids have way different priorities than those who do not – in that I would gladly sacrifice my own life if it meant my kids get thru this – and the Jim Rawles ‘every window manned by a gunner’ scenario isn’t going to work for us – with only two of us and 4 sides to a house LOL. Finding someone with young kids (or who is planning on having them in the near future) is an important condition.
3) I’m looking for someone who is a hi-IQ, out-of-the-box thinker – engineer type is good, useful professional skill is good (doc dentist type). No lawyers or corp management types. I’m looking for someone with the raw intellectual power, and decent personality skills necessary to ADAPT – I think that is at least as important as a particular skill set. I’m a pro software engineer and I grew up poor so learned a lot of the prepper type skills when young – my parents were back-to-the-landers in the 70s, we heated with wood cut by hand, had chickens, hunted etc. My father designed and built his own wood stove, learning welding along the way – that’s the kind of mindset I have as well. That’s the kind of mindset I’m looking for in a partner family.
4) Current situation – we have no fixed base, we have some very interesting defense preps and ideas and plans to go with them – I believe that it is entirely possible for a single family to successfully defend a homestead – well designed force multipliers (all perfectly legal) are the key – that’s why an engineer-type will be a good fit. Two+ families make that work even easier.
5) Misc stuff – we’re not religious. We are a mixed race family chinese/white. I’m older (52) but in good shape and wife is younger. Wife is onboard with prepping but is not a clone of Bert Gummer’s wife if you get my drift. You and your wife need to be on the same page. We have alot of savings (enough to buy a place on our own) but are continuing to work to save cash as I think that is an important prep item all by itself considering a financial collapse is inevitable. My wife’s family is all overseas and my family is in the midwest and are too old/left/right wing to want to join up with us. Politically, I’m a Ron Paul guy but am realistic enough to know he will never be allowed to fix things. You dont have to be a Ron Paul guy but if you do still believe that Obama or Romney or the parties who selected them, have any answers for any of this, then you’re not the guy I’m looking for.
My best case scenario with all this would be to find a family with young kids who has a bunch of cash saved up to buy a place, some preps already started, a good loving relationships with the spouse and kids. Homeschooling a plus. You should have already done your homework about the plus and minus of western Oregon / Willamette Valley / Oregon Coast. Your wife/husband has to be onboard about all this – they do not need to be totally gung-ho but at least they are not going to be an impediment to what needs to be done.
In one or two years (if we’re not too late) we plan on buying land or an old homestead and start building/fixing basic shelter, a fallout shelter type setup and all the preps that go along with it. I’m looking for a friendly, smart kind family who wants to do the same – maybe splitting a parcel of land or homestead – and would be interested in working together as partners/neighbors to make it all happen.
You can reply here or PM me.
YOUNG COUPLE IN OUR 30′S STARTED PREPPING ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO LOOKING FOR LIKE MINDED PEOPLE TO MEET UP WITH AND SHARE IDEAS AND BULID AN INFASTURCTURE FOR A SHTF SITUATION 3 KIDS AND 2 DOGS ONE DOG BEING TRAINED NOW FOR SHTF SENARIOS . I CAN HUNT ,FISH , COOK , LIGHT CAPENTRY ,SECURITY , MY WIFE IS A STUDYING RN WITH MEDICAL TRAINING , LOOKING TO BUY LAND AND BUILD A UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY TO BE SELF SUFFICIENT IN CASE OF A SHTF SENERIO .
Looking for serious preppers or existing group in the Buckley, Bonney Lake, Enumclaw area. My plan is to gather a small, diverse group of people, interested and, as a group, capable of developing a self-sufficient, inter-dependant community. We would find land with the necessary natural resources (wind, water, soil, etc) to power and feed our group without being attached to the grid in any way. The group needs to consist of hardworking, multi-talented people that as a whole can meet all of the needs of the members. This would need to include construction, farming, medical, security, food prep, communications as basics elements, with finer points being developed/integrated as part of the evolution of the group.
I know this sounds like the common prepper mantra, but is anyone really following thru and making it happen?
Also, if a group already exists somewhere in my area, sharing this ambition, who needs someone that can help achieve the goal, please consider me as a candidate. I have extensive civil engineering and construction experience, access to heavy equipment, ammo reloading experience, farming, livestock and canning knowledge, hunting skills and maybe a bit more.
If interested in further discussion, drop me a note here
New Prepper, I have also been in the automotive field for 13 years was Mech For 6 years. Looking for like minded conservative People to share Information and Experience, Finding it hard to find people around the Charlotte NC area. Being new to Prepping I have not built up some of the stores I want, but I do have the basics. I have also have firearms training having been a hunter for years have also spend time in JROTC in High School both years have been on the rifle team . I have been around autos since I was 18 I’m a good Mech and also can keep most things running and in good repair. I also have a good idea about firearms and working and repairing the basics I have a good well-rounded skill set to start with I by far do not know it all but at this point I thinking sharing and learning from others is better than trying to learn everything myself from publications.