First off, happy 4th of July to all American preppers!
I am a part of a small, Ohio-based prepping network that are looking to extend our membership out to the other mainland US states! (sorry Alaska/Hawaii). We are very organized in our methods of prepping and want like-minded people who can contribute, to come on board!
So some more info…
What are we:
– An Ohio-based prepping network! What does this mean? Basically, we are a group of like-minded prepping individuals who share their knowledge, wisdom and experience with other members of the network. We have our own, private lines of communication to do this.
– What do we do? In ‘peacetime’ we mainly share information and news between one another. The local individuals do meet for prepping meets/range days/beers and we are looking to become more organized (and varied) with our meetings as we grow in size.
– What do we have? Besides the usual prepping resources, we have organization and (hopefully) a growing community! In all seriousness though, we do have a hierarchy. This is formed and enforced through a moderate selection process; each member has an assigned peacetime and post-SHTF role based on their skill set. We have contingency plans, bugout location(s) (working on a few) amongst other things. We pride ourselves in being very organized.
What do we want:
– Likeminded individuals: We do not discriminate based on age, gender, marital status, religion, sexual preference, or anything else you can think of. However, we do select based on experience and there is an interview/selection process as explained below.
– Experienced Preppers: We do have a selection process. This is essentially to prevent freeloaders and ensure that you’re a good fit! We do ask that people applying be actively prepping prior to joining, or have the means to do so after joining. Exceptions are always given on a case-by-case basis but generally we aren’t a group suited for brand new preppers.
– People with niche skills, such as:
- Medical professionals: Doctors, Surgeons, Nurses, Medics, EMT’s, Combat Medics.
- Former soldiers/military personnel: Particularly those who have undertaken both training and/or combat roles. Former ‘specialist’ MOS’s are encouraged to apply.
- Mechanics: Particularly vehicle mechanics.
- Builders: Especially those with experience building small houses (or similar)
- Naturists: No, not the people who are naked all the time. We’re looking for people with experience in edible plants, alternative medicine and growing large quantities of food.
- Electricians/Plumbers: As with the builders, experience with domestic buildings is a plus!
- Chefs: Anyone with experience storing, preparing and serving food. People with experience in creating home made alcohol also a plus.
- Farmers/Vets: Anyone with experience in keeping and maintaining the wellbeing of animals. Particularly farm/domestic animals.
- Blacksmith: Anyone with experience in fabricating and welding.
- Seamstress: Experience making and repairing clothes.
What we are not:
– A paid membership-based network: We are not ZERT! You will be required to only give up knowledge and experience to become a member. Besides what you spend on your personal prepping, we will never ask you for your hard earned cash!
– A militia: we are not an organization to help you plan your government overthrow. We are about sustainability and community. Yes, we are armed, but are by no means an offensive fighting force. We won’t be going to war with the federal government, teaching you tax evasion or helping you plan the assassination of your neighbor. So if that’s what you want – move along!
– A charity: Our members prep their resources for themselves. We share knowledge and training now. Post-SHTF resource sharing will occur between communities in line with our pre-approved plans.
I know I have posted a lot of info, if you think that this network sounds like it could be for you, please leave a comment below, tell us about yourself and leave your email address! I actively monitor this so will reply pretty quickly. Looking forward to seeing whose out there.