I’m part of a group of four families looking to join our group with another group of like-minded individuals and families to become a group with. We are looking specifically in the state of West Virginia in any of these counties:
Nicholas (preferred), Webster, Fayette, Pocahontas (southern), or Greenbrier. We would also consider Monroe and Summers.
About our group:
1. We’re all related by blood or marriage (but not both at the same time lol – no inbreeding, just wasn’t sure how else to describe us). We are currently located in three different states (Florida, Texas, and Pennsylvania). We’re all Christians, some being more “spiritual” than others. We’re looking for compatible preppers/survivalists, not people to convert. Three of us are from the Tampa Bay area, four are in the Jacksonville area, three others are in Western PA, and my oldest son hails from TX. If it hits the fan, our groups would try and meet up at our BOL.
2. There are 8 or 9 adults (depending on if our oldest son from Texas would make it to us. He’s active-duty Army.)
3. There are 2 “children” – my daughter (16) and my niece (almost 18).
4. Our group’s skills & makeup:
- 3 prior-service military (survival, defense, and communications knowledge and training) & two active duty Army/Army Nat Guard. Can all shoot straight.
- My oldest son (21 y/o) active-duty Army (survival, defense, and communications knowledge and training) – also Eagle Scout.
- My wife (50′s) – Retired Army. Girl Scout leader, recently “retired” Boy Scout leader, Woodbadge graduate. Sews, many outdoor skills, great with kids, Sunday school teacher type. Hard worker, fluent in Spanish. Sharpshooter skill with 9mm pistol.
- My other son – (18 y/o) College student (computer programming) (and Eagle Scout)
- My daughter (16 y/o) – High-school Junior – Girl Scout Ambassador Rank (similar to Eagle for the Boy Scouts), drives.
- My brother (25 y/o) – Army National Guard (survival, defense, and communications knowledge and training) – currently an assistant manager at a restaurant)
- My sister-in law – College student. Works at a sub sandwich place. Fluent in Spanish.
- Step-dad (30′s) – Full time auto mechanic (understands and can repair vehicular/mechanical items).
- My mom – (50′s) – Call center rep (billing, tech support, etc for a TV company) – Cooks, cleans, old-school country girl.
- Myself (39 y/o)- Full time Senior I.T. person. (for a 12-state, 26-locations hospital) (understands and uses technology) – yeah, that’s me. How’d you know? – Into natural gardening – currently have a section of yard converted to a productive garden, light carpentry, light plumbing, light electrical (all of the home owner basic skills). Replaced hot water heater, fixed leaky pipes in attic, ran network and electrical through the house, built an organized closet from the ground up, etc. Can change my own oil.
- My Sister (37 y/o) Special Needs Teacher (autistic children)
- My niece (17 y/o) – College-bound senior high-school student (took 4 years of Spanish and is fluent now). Drives.
I think that about covers it. Most of us were brought up “country”, working a garden, preparing food from a garden, hunting, fishing, etc. We all have common sense and manners. Not looking to tread on anyone, rather we would like to be a part of a community of like-minded individuals. We’re 11 coming into a group (4 separate families), and that’s a pretty big number on it’s own, but we’re a strong group that just doesn’t have a good place to set up camp at. Most of us have camping gear and some food saved up. Supplies like first aid kits, water purifiers, fire starters, mess kits, heirloom seeds, weapons and ammo, etc are what we would be bringing in. We’ve got enough food to cover our immediate group and would look to gardening/hunting/fishing to cover the rest.
Like I said, we’re looking for a group that might be looking for more members. If you already have a place to bug out to, that would be awesome. If not, we can look together for a place if we find that we are compatible. If we can find common ground and compliment or add to each other’s skills and personalities, that is what we are looking for. Like-minded people who can keep calm while the rest of civilization is falling apart. A group whose members have each other’s back, and works well together as part of a community.
Personally, I think things will happen sooner rather than later, so time is of the essence. The reason we choose the areas we did are because of the possibility of a pole shift in addition to civil unrest and food shortages, etc. It looks like most of the east coast is toast in the case of a pole shift. Just g Please send me a message here or post back with your email address and I’ll reply to you.