Hello everyone! First off, thanks for such a wonderful website, you guys have so many excellent resources here, and I’ve read nothing but great things from all of your members here.
So, down to business, we are a group of families, 5 in total, that are looking for like-minded preppers in the Western Wisconsin area. Our largest city nearest us is Lacrosse, but we are not in the same county. Our ages range pretty much from late 20’s to mid 40’s and we have varied levels of prepping skills. Myself, I have been prepping for about 16 years now due to my experiences living in other countries and experiencing disasters there. Several of our families are currently serving military, with their members having multiple combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. We have lots of experience in security, patrolling, survival living, first aid and canning. We have multiple medium size acreage locations that we own and can switch between each if we need to. All of us also have children, all on the younger side of things, ranging from newborn to about 9 years old. We are looking for people who understand the trials, tribulations, and joys that having children entails, since they will be with us no matter what! So anyone considering this, please take this aspect into consideration as well.
So… What we are NOT looking for. ..
1) drug users, We dont “420”, and since we are mostly military, Im sure you can understand our point of view, we cant use it, and cant be around it. So as a base rule, if thats your thing, we probably wont see eye to eye.
2) criminal element or background. We understand everyone screws up in life, and must be held accountable, but if you are a child molester, pedophile, or have a violent criminal history, Im pretty sure we arent going to be compatible. Harsh? Sure, but Im talking the safety of my family here, its first and foremost my base criteria.
3) Extremist. This can range from religious, to governmental. If your friends say you have a tin-foil hat issue, or you start talking about UFO’s coming down to abduct people because “night time is the right time” we probably arent going to get along. Just being honest here.
4) Drama… save it for someone else, not our thing. Dont think I need to go into detail here.
SO… What we are looking for…..
1) people who understand what it takes to be self-sufficient and arent afraid to pitch in when it is needed to accomplish a certain goal
2) People who understand that there will be safety in numbers, but those numbers have to be able to get along, if they cant do that, it wont work
3) Folks with experience in farming, sustainable living, beekeeping, solar power, mechanical engineering, home schooling and HF communication. Im sure that sounds like a pretty extensive list, and yea, its pretty emcompassing, but its the primary areas where we are weak, so it only makes sense to add those factors into our group.
4) Families are preferred, but we are willing to accept single folks with the understanding that if the time comes that this is truly needed, we expect you to do your fair share of chores along with the rest of us. We dont care if you are male or female, as we dont see that as a hinderance or help either way, its the person and the skillset that matters to us.
5) Normal, well grounded folks, with imagination. Because if the time comes, theres a possibility we may be with out power, or running water, so folks who are able to see this for what it is, accept it, and be able to brainstorm to come up with positive solutions, well those are the people we are looking for. Folks who think outside of the box instead of inside it.
As a group, we all hunt, fish, camp and enjoy outdoors activities. So we are able to incorporate that mindset into our preps. We also are all firearms enthusiasts, and have various levels of experience with all aspects of firearms from defensive pistol, long range rifle, to state certified CCW Instructors. Obviously we are more than willing to teach each and every person everything we know, to make all of us more proficient, we only ask that you teach us everything you know so it helps us all out. We all have been prepping for various years, from 16 like myself, to 3 years with the lastest addition to our group, so while we know our little piece of the pie, we dont know it all, so thats why we want to network with others and possibly even add a few more families to our group.
A few other details about us, none of us are regular church going familys, we are all spiritual in our own ways, and have our own beliefs, we only ask that you respect that aspect of all of us, and we will respect your spiritual beliefs as well. We have law enforcement, nursing, soldiers, and outdoorsmen/women in our group, and we all get along because of a mutual respect for each others ability to bring something to the table, and each others ability to get along with others without the usual “catiness” you find with women, and “ego” you find with men. Its a unique situation because we all get along without the usual “issues” you find in some groups. Experts in one area know when to defer to experts in another, and we all set aside the egos to reach that goal. If this is something you and yours are looking for, then by all means, please contact us and lets start a dialogue with each other.
I can be reached at strmfeathr [at] yahoo [d0t] com and please, title any correspondence as “prepper family” so I know what it is regarding!
Til then, thanks for reading, and we all look forward to hearing from you folks soon!