How to delete your account
Simply email john@preppergroups (from the email account you registered with) asking for your account to be deleted. It's as easy as that.
How to send a PM
http://www.preppergroups.com/?page_id=3112 okay, it's not that hard to use the PM system. The address you send to is the persons username here on the site, so... click on the PM me link click on new message under to: type the username of the person you are writing to - in this case it is stamper3 under subject type the title of your message in the text area below, type your message then click Send Message
What should I put in my post?
The post you make is what others will judge you by. The more information you can give, the better they can decide whether they want to contact you - or not. However, DON'T put your address or phone number in a post. The internet is generally not a safe place and you don't want to give your contact details to the whole world, right? If you can, create a new email account just for your prepper post. I suggest gmail, buy Yahoo or any other freely available service will do. The first thing people want to know is a location. City or State should be sufficient - don't give too many details. People want to know how old you are, how many people you will be bringing to the party and their ages as well. You will want to talk about any skills you might have: EMT; First Aid; etc. You might like to also say what it is you are prepping for - if you see a specific threat or situation. You will need to say how long you have been prepping, how you have been prepping (storing food, planting crops, getting new skills etc). I would suggest you add how long you have been prepping, how long all your stored goods and gear will hold you over with no re-supply. You will want to say whether you are wanting to join a group, start a group or are just looking to network with other preppers. You might mention whether you intend to prep in place or "bug out" when TSHTF as well. If your posts answers those few questions, you'll have a reasonable first post that will introduce you to others on this site.
Can I advertise on PrepperGroups.com?
- Yes, contact john [at] preppergroups [dot] com for pricing
How can I support this site?
- You can help keep the site online by buying through the links on the site or donating - http://www.preppergroups.com/?page_id=22302
My posts aren't appearing
- You need to "publish" your post for it to be posted.
- It could be that you are not following the site guidelines. http://www.preppergroups.com/?page_id=2 http://www.preppergroups.com/?page_id=19286
- If you wish to make comments on current affairs, voice opinions, seek opinions, etc. use the prepper forum
I can't log in
- Make sure that your browser is set to accept cookies.
- Try a different browser. Some default security settings may lock you out.
I didn't get my password
- Check your spam. The password is auto generated and Yahoo in particular sees the email with your password as spam.
- Make sure you submitted your correct email address when you registered.