Combining premium features with superior mil-spec construction, MIRA Safety’s CM-6M CBRN tactical gas mask / full-face respirator protects your face, internal organs and respiratory system against a full spectrum of toxic industrial chemicals (TIC) and chemical warfare agents (CWA) including chemical, biological and nuclear threats such as radioactive dust, noxious gas, vaporized pollutants and more.
Key Features of the CM-6M Tactical Gas Mask:
- 20-year shelf life
- Compatible with the 3M Safety 6878 Spectacle Kit (sold separately)
- Uses widely available NATO-standard, 40-mm filter cartridges
- Trusted by police worldwide and government entities in the Czech Republic, Norway, Portugal, Chile, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kuwait, Latvia and Lebanon
- Durable bromobutyl rubber construction (meets CBRN protection standards)
- Full-face panoramic design with a large visor to enable a wide-angle view
- Hypoallergenic inner mask prevents fogging, even under hard use
- Tested resistance to mustard gas penetration for nearly 30 hours
- Fits up to 2 standard 40-mm 1/7” NATO filter cartridges (widely available with varying protection levels)
- Comes with a pre-installed hydration system and canteen
- Compatible with CamelBak water bladders with a Type A or M adapter (not included)
- Used for industrial, agricultural, law enforcement, professional rescue, specialized welding, construction and painting applications
- Conforms to European quality and sustainability standards, marked with the CE symbol
- Meets all requirements under EN 136:1998, Class III
- Complies with all standards under EN 168 for impact protection, making this the perfect mask for riot control situations
- Carries MIRA Safety’s special 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the Czech Republic
MIRA Safety filters (NBC-77 SOF, VK-450, DOTpro 320) are classified as “combined filters” and contain a P3 filter along with activated carbon. For those that don’t know what P3 means, it is a rating for a particle filter that blocks 99.9999%+ of particulates. As viruses travel in liquid aerosols and particulates, this filter (when coupled with a full face respirator) would prevent the coronavirus from entering your breathing passages and eyes.
The CM-6M Tactical Gas Mask has a facepiece of tough bromobutyl rubber (CBRN-compliant) for maximum resistance to TIC/CWA contaminants. The full-face respirator’s inner mask is made from a special hypoallergenic compound that ensures excellent tightness and avoids exhaled air contact with the visor to prevent fogging. It also reduces carbon dioxide(CO2) content in the mask’s inner space, which together with its favorable inhalation/exhalation breathing resistance, decreases the physiological burden for the user—providing more comfortable and practical all-day use.
The integrated speech diaphragm ensures at least 95% intelligibility of speech, allowing for easy communication with other members of your party. The mask is equipped with a five-point rubber-textile head harness to ensure a snug and lasting fit.
The CM-6M CBRN gas mask is produced in one size. To ensure proper functioning, the user’s face must be smooth, free of facial hair, sideburns and other hindrances at the points of contact.
The tactical gas mask is compatible with the 3M Safety 6878 Spectacle Kit (sold separately), with simple installation for those who are vision impaired and prefer not to wear contacts.
The filter is fitted to the mask by screwing to the left or right inhalation chamber. The unused chamber (without filter) is sealed with an inhalation chamber plug. It is necessary to ensure the plug is properly screwed and tightened.
Inhalation chambers of the CM-6 mask are ONLY compatible with Rd 40 x 1/7” thread in accordance with the EN 148-1 standard.
Selection of a suitable filter depends on the type and concentration of anticipated toxic agent. The CM-6 tactical mask equipped with a TIC or CWA filter is only safe for use in an environment containing at least 19.5% oxygen. The principles of filter selection and application are described in the filter user guides.
The CM-6 tactical gas mask may be used in class 1 explosive environments only. The CM-6 mask meets all of the requirements for class 3 of the EN 136 standard. It’s a great choice for riot gear or as a riot control gas mask.
|1 size||bromine-butyl rubber|
|Effective field of vision. 77.6%||polycarbonate|
|Overlapped field of vision. 83.8%||Rd 40 x 1/7″|
Breathing resistance at 30l/min. air flow:
|max. 30 Pa||max. 60 Pa|
The CM-6 tactical gas mask must be stored in a dark, cool and dust-free place free from sudden temperature changes. The storage room should be ventilated regularly. Temperatures may vary between 10°C and 25°C within relative humidity up to 65%. Full face gas masks must not be exposed to radiant heat or sunshine. Fuels, solvents, lubricants and other inflammable substances, including chemicals, must not be stored with masks. Moreover, there must not be any electrical machines or appliances that produce sparks or discharges during operation (ozone creation).
Avoid deformation of the rubber parts of the facepiece and internal CBRN gas mask during storage.
CBRN Gas Mask Filter NBC-77 SOF 40mm Thread – 20 Year Shelf Life!
The NBC-77 SOF filter canister, in combination with a full-face mask, mouthpiece assembly or PAPR provide reliable protection of air passages against a wide range of harmful and highly toxic substances including all known CBRN agents.
Filters are produced with standard round threads according to STANAG 4155 (EN 148- 1)- Rd 40×1/7″ or GOST 8762-75 – 40×4 mm. Filter components are made of hard plastic. It provides a very robust product which is extremely durable against shock and impact damage in operational use.
The filter canister in connection with suitable respirator or PAPR provides protection against solid and liquid particles, pepper spray (OC), smoke producing substances, radioactive particles, bacteria and rickettsia, fungi, toxins, viruses, Riot Control agents (Lachrymators, Sternutators, Vomiting agents), Blister agents (Vesicants), Choking agents, Blood agents, Nerve agents, Incapacitants, Herbicides, Pesticides and TIC – such as bromoacetone, CS, CR, CN, CNC, CNS, CA substances, organic compounds of arsenic – diphenyldichlorarsine – CLARK I (DA), diphenylcyanoarsine – CLARK II (DC), adamsite (DM), diphenyldichlorarsine (DA), ethyldichlorarsine (ED), methyldichlorarsine (MD), mustard gas (H), sulphur mustard gas (HD), T-mustard gas, Q-mustard gas, nitrogen mustard gases (HN1, HN2, HN3), lewisite (L), mixed mustard gas (H-L), phosgene oxime (CX), phosgene (CG), diphosgene(DP), chloropicrin (PS), hydrogen cyanide (AC), cyanogen chloride (CK), arsine (SA), G-agents: sarin (GB), cyclosarin (GF), soman (GD), tabun (GA), IVA (GV), V-agents: VX, VR, VE, VG (amiton), VM and toxic industrial chemicals such as fumes of organic or inorganic acids, hydroxides, organic solvents with the boiling point above 65 °C, ammonia, amines, inorganic and acid gases, agricultural chemical combustion gases. Other toxic substances, e.g. benzene, toluene, vinyl chloride, fluorine, hydrogen fluoride, sulphur oxides, chloracetic acid, aldehydes, mixtures of inorganic acids, and organic substances, mercury vapours, radioactive iodine, organic compounds of iodine (Iodomethane, 129, 131), radioactive particles, etc.
Breakthrough time of a filter is tested according to EN 14387+A1 at humidity 70% and flow rate 30 l/min, which is equivalent to the volume of air per minute used by an average person carrying out medium heavy work. The approximate lifetime (usage time) of a filter under normal conditions is calculated by comparing the concentration at the workplace and the minimum Dynamic Adsorption Capacity (DAC) for the filter.
STORAGE AND MAINTENANCE:
The filters are sealed in plastic bags by the manufacturer. Store the filters unopened in a clean place at even temperature, most appropriate at -5 to +30°C and relative humidity below 80%. Sealed filters also tolerate conditions of -30 to +50°C and RH below 95%. The storage period (month and year) for filters is marked on the filter label. Do not try to regenerate the filters. Never clean the filters with compressed air or compressed water.
After use, the filters are special refuse. Make sure that they are disposed of according to the filtered substance (gases or particles) in accordance with current waste treatment regulations. If the product is to be disposed of, it should be dismantled from the respirator and disposed of as solid waste. Please see local authority regulations for disposal advice and locations.
Mira Safety’s Dräger Gas Mask Filter 40mm fits all 40mm Gas Masks and Respirators. Drager’s Combination Filter 1140 A2B2E2K1HgP3 R D offers users protection against a wide range of hazardous gases and vapors. Each Filter Cartridge is factory sealed with thorough instructions.
Filter Markings Explained
What are the Dräger Gas Mask Filter markings [A2B2E2K1HgP3 R D] telling us?
- A: Gases and vapours of organic compounds with boiling point > 65 °C
- B: Inorganic gases and vapours, e.g. chlorine, hydrogen sulphide, hydrogen cyanide
- E: Sulphur dioxide, hydrogen chloride
- K: Ammonia and organic Ammonia derivates
- R: Reusable (Additional Test for filters which can be used over several working shifts)
- D: The Dolomit dust clogging test was successfully passed. (This is an additional test for the particle filter and certifies that the filter has a very high
absorption capacity for particles.)
- NBC: Additional Test of the gasfilter-part against CWA
Filterclass 1: max. permissible concentration of toxic substance 1000ppm (0,1 Vol%
Filterclass 2: max. permissible concentration of toxic substance 5000ppm (0,5 Vol%)
P3: particle Efficiency (separation ability): large
Mira Safety also sell the Dräger CDR 4500 Respirator for nuclear, biological & chemical warfare protection – NIOSH respirator CBRN
The Dräger 4500 CBRN Gas Mask comes from a company responsible for providing masks to firefighters, mine rescue teams, and first responders. The Dräger 4500 has an almost completely unhindered visibility range with its large impenetrable face shield and is a very comfortable mask to wear, fitting any distinguishable facial features.
This mask has been specifically designed to be used in precision shooting. Many masks have high profile filters that block the ability for a shooter to make a well-placed shot. The free cheek-space declutters the working space allowing you to easily rest the side of the mask against the cheek of the rifle.
Some important features and specifications for the Draeger 4500 CBRN gas mask are that it:
- Uses 40mm NATO filter
- Wide vision
- Easy fit and comfortable fit
- Uses standard 40mm NATO gas mask filters that are widely available
- Ballistic outer lens
- Comfortable velcro strap harness system
- Provides maximum protection against CBRN toxins
Things to know!
- What is NBC and CBRN? NBC is the rating given to approved equipment. It stands for Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical, which are the substances NBC gas masks are able to filter and work in.A newer rating CBRN has been adopted in the industry to include exposure to chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear defense in the event of a dirty bomb (which is different to radiation from a nuclear bomb).
- You will need spare filters! A single filter will not last you more than a day in use. You will need to have a stock of filters if you expect to use your mask for long periods of exposure.
- MIRA Safety filters (NBC-77 SOF, VK-450, DOTpro 320) are classified as “combined filters” and contain a P3 filter along with activated carbon. For those that don’t know what P3 means, it is a rating for a particle filter that blocks 99.9999%+ of particulates. As viruses travel in liquid aerosols and particulates, this filter (when coupled with a full face respirator) would prevent the coronavirus from entering your breathing passages and eyes.