I have 80 acres in Scurry Co Tx, near Snyder. I need someone (couples welcome) to come in with a travel trailer and help me to get it homesteaded/prepped. The organized handy engineering-type (him) and homesteading ultra-conservative hippy type (her) would thrive out here! I would provide a place, water, sewage, electricity for 7-8 days of work a month. Although some light daily chores will be needed as homesteading gets going.
Some items would be just being there when contractors work on things (oversight). Or get started with; greenhouse, gardens, chickens, goats, bees, compost, solar irrigation projects, HAM radio, defenses, some handyman items, etc. Help to think out the next steps for preparations, store and organize current inventories. Experiment with food crops/trees and write growing procedures for the SHTF. A more significant project I want to tackle is an off-grid geothermal greenhouse with a hydroponics or aquaponics system.
The place is very scenic for West Texas and has a small recreational pond w/ covered dock, bbq pit, large shop 60×100 with restroom/shower. We have a forklift, loader/backhoe, tractor, small mini excavator, dump trailer, welders, metal lathe, and mill. Additionally, I own a small manufacturing company nearby which could help fabricate preparations (think 2000 gal black solder fly container).
We can cover all out of pocket expenses, and if excess work is needed, we can supplement with pay. I have a 1-ton welding truck if transportation needs to be negotiated (for personal use).
Additional benefits & lagniappe:
- Having some of your own animals, garden space, canning/prep storage, etc.
- Have another part-time job to supplement
- Use the shop for personal use (just one project at a time, though)
- Help me keep an eye out for auctions to add to the shop’s utility for SHTF scenarios. I love auctions!
- We have used the pond area/dock/bridge as a wedding venue and would be partial to allowing our prepping partner(s) to help manage it (currently not in use) and share in revenue $$$
- Good bird hunting
- Dear hunting lease in a neighboring county
- Firearms are welcome
- Horses welcome max 2
- Friendly dogs welcome
- USDA Zone 7b can grow nearly anything with water
- If the SHTF, just stay on and ride it out with us!
We live in another town 45 min away, and our family is Messianic/Hebrew Roots.
Let me know if this could work: JD (at) Petro lima dot (com)