Warning: This post is more than 18months old. Information contained in this post may no longer be current.
I recently acquired 22 acres of land in Oklahoma for use as a BOL/ Prep compound. As well all know this can not be done alone and therefore I am putting this out looking for members.
A little about myself I am an outdoorsman love to fish and hunt. Married to a nurse and have two kids.
We are looking for the same. Families that are looking to have a secure location to go when SHTF. Where a group with various skills in multiple areas can band together for the common good of the group to ride out whatever the situation is.
The land as stated is close to 22 acres off the beaten path. has an approximate 1/2 acre pond, rural water on site and will be set up, and power ready to be run and metered. We all know that as soon as SHTF that those things will go. Therefore the plan is to drill a well in the near future, build a covered recreation area to include a wood fired kitchen area, tables etc. , a wind or solar source, a community garden to supplement your own preps, community chickens and rabbits, a couple cows and a bull.
The land itself is treed pretty well, but there are open areas for gardening etc. Our plan is to have ten 3/4 acre membership lots at a rate of $125 a month. This will entitle you a location you can begin to use to prep. Build your own chicken coops and rabbit hutches, prep your soil for a garden, fence an area for a goat (no pigs) etc. If you want to build a permanent structure it must be a barn with a small residence to meet county ordinances. If you do build that becomes property of the compound. You can pull up a 5th wheel, or a tiny house on wheels for short stays but this is not designed as a permanent residence until SHTF it is a BOL. Come daily and work on your property that you are leasing if you want but no move ins. That is not what this is designed for.
There will be a phone interview as well as a national background check done for criminal history. No felons need apply, no child abusers, no teachers who have taken their 15 YO students and ran off with them. I have kids and when (because it will happen) we need to bug out this will be a secure location and people for them to be around.
If you have thoughts of social injustice and getting back at the man, thoughts of overthrowing the government, terrorists, or are a nut job in general then no need to apply. If you turn out to be a whack job or a nut, or can not hold your liquor or cant get along you will be asked to leave and take your preps with you with membership cancelled.
The monthly membership fee will be used among other things to get a well drilled, emergency seed bank for community use (encourage you to have your own as well) water storage areas, an additional larger pond, community rabbits and chickens, community gardens etc.
If there is more interest than the 1st 10 lots and there are more than 10 qualified I have an option to purchase the adjoining 80 acres for the next six months.
Now for more details
- You are not here to freeload. When SHTF come prepared with your own stuff and what you have been prepping on your spot. Community resources for food will be limited to what can be grown
- Once SHTF everyone will have to pitch in to work the land, cook, clean, provide security etc for the group. Again this is not a free ride everyone must contribute from each lot to the common good. I understand not everyone is physically able to do everything and we can work for that but if you can not cut firewood you can wash dishes etc
- if you don’t like guns this is probably not the place for you. I will have a gun and so will my wife and I assume since you are a prepper you will as well but just in case realize there will be people who own guns on the property
- Don’t come and think you can grow weed, illegal drugs, lay up drunk etc. Not going to happen I will terminate your membership and send you packing.
- Don’t bring 40 people and expect to keep them on one lot. When we talk on the phone and email I will need to know the number of people in your group when SHTF because this will impact everyone.
- 6. Don’t expect to live here full time until SHTF. Come and stay a few days in a tent or a 5th wheel. Work your spot. Go Home. Come back a few days later. This is a BOL not a residence until SHTF. If you are close to the property come and work it every day and then go home.
If I have not scared you off please email me at needrecruits at yahoo dot com and I will email you a list of questions. After that I will schedule a phone interview. If I feel you are a good fit then I will direct you to a company for a complete background check for all adults you will be bringing. This will be at your expense. If you pass the background check you will be given the option to select a remaining 3/4 acre lot to start your preps. There will be a $250 fee to select your lot. This shows you are serious and not wasting my time and taking a spot from someone who is. It also will go into the monthly lease fee fund and a portion will be used for upgrades to the property.
Payment will be via recurring paypal for your membership fee.
I look forward to talking with you